A PDF version is also available for download.
- 2017 – 2019
- Master of Science (with Distinction), The University of Melbourne Specialising in Statistics & Stochastic Processes. Research on integral representations of fractional Brownian motion. Graduated with a First Class Honours average.
- 2014 – 2016
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Melbourne Majored in Mathematics & Statistics, specialised in Statistics and Stochastic Processes. Graduated with a First Class Honours average.
- 2012 – 2013
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, St Leonard's College Studied Literature, Japanese and Chemistry at standard level, Mathematics, Physics and Economics at higher level. Awarded 43/45, equivalent to a notional ATAR of 99.60.
- Summer School, Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Completed two honours-level subjects: Topological Data Analysis and Probabilistic Methods & Random Graphs.
- Summer Institute, Duke University One of 32 selected to participate in the second week of a program on Topics in the History of Economics, hosted by the Center for the History of Political Economy.
- 2014 – 2016
- Diploma of Languages (Japanese), The University of Melbourne
- 2019 –
- Research Associate & Statistician, The Hunt Laboratory for Intelligence Research 4 days/week. Computational and statistical support for a research group building tools to improve the quality of reasoning in intelligence organisations.
- 2016 –
- Data Scientist, Resilient Youth Australia Part-time, developing novel statistical methods, reporting infrastructure and interactive graphs (in d3.js) to enable stakeholders to extract value from a perennial survey measuring resilience and mental health in Australian school students.
- 2011 –
- International Evaluator & Future Scene Writer, Future Problem Solving Program Australia Casual, evaluating written competition booklets and writing Future Scenes at state, national & international levels.
- 2019 – 2020
- Tutor, The University of Melbourne Casual, tutoring second year Probability and third year Linear Statistical Models in the School of Mathematics & Statistics.
- 2014 – 2019
- Student Study Assistant, St Leonard's College Casual, providing academic tutoring to students after school, on weekends and during school holidays.
- 2016 – 2018
- Research Assistant, CSIRO Manufacturing (Biomedical) Used D3.js to visualise phase space in protein crystallisation. Originally 6-month appointment through the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), with several stints of follow-up work.
- 2014 – 2017
- Private Academic Tutor Casual, self-employed. Mainly in Mathematics, Physics and Economics. More than 300 hours of tutoring experience.
Academic Tutor, Newman College
MAST30025Linear Statistical Models, a third-year subject.
- Research Assistant, The University of Melbourne Worked with A/Prof. Tony Wirth and Dr James Saunderson in the Department of Computing and Information Systems on algorithms for the finding of densest subgraphs.
- 2014 – 2015
- Stochastic Modelling, Mercer Fixed-term Summer project, stochastically modelling mortalities for a new retirement income product, LifetimePlus.
- 2020 –
- Research & Computational Support, newDemocracy Foundation
- 2015 – 2017
- Director, Australian Cancer and Health Sciences Competition Inc.
- Videographer, iGEM UniMelb Produced three short videos to help explain and promote the work of the team from The University of Melbourne entering the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition.
- Peer Support Leader, St Leonard's College Mentored an overly reserved grade three student.
- SCOPE Leader, St Leonard's College Mentored an overly reserved grade three student.
Awards and Honours
- Mathematics and Statistics School Scholarship, The University of Melbourne
- Maurice H. Belz Scholarship, The University of Melbourne
- Leaders in Communities Award (LiCA), The University of Melbourne
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) Scholar, Biomedical Research Victoria
ATOC20001Weather & Climate Systems, The University of Melbourne
- Keith Frampton Roll of Honour (Member), Future Problem Solving Program Australia
ECON10004Introductory Microeconomics Film Competition, The University of Melbourne
- Old Collegian's Award for Positive Involvement, St Leonard's College
- Full College, Music and House Colours, St Leonard's College
- Year 12 IB Dux, St Leonard's College
- E. Paul Torrance Youth Award, Future Problem Solving Program Australia
- Monash Prize for Excellence & Year 11 IB Dux, St Leonard's College
- N Rosa, M Ristic, L Thorburn, GJ Abrahams, B Marshall, CJ Watkins, A Kruger, A Khassapov and J Newman. Tools to Ease the Choice and Design of Protein Crystallisation Experiments. Crystals, 10(2), p.